Thursday, January 24, 2013

I DREAM

New York


dream |drēm| noun
to contemplate the possibility of doing something

The first time we sailed up to a tropical island and dropped the anchor, it almost seemed familiar, not because I had been there before, but because I had contemplated the possibility of doing it so many times. Extreme planning and years of hard work got us to that island paradise, but dreams were the ocean we sailed on.

Cruising, while being the glorious realization of a dream, is not a destination. We continue to contemplate possibilities, like spending a month in Paris with our kids or in New York seeing friends and family. And then we do it.

Even as we prepare to sail to the Bahamas this season, my imagination has been oh so busy contemplating our next adventure, the grandest and most sprawling one yet. Dreams are a big, big ocean, and I love sailing there.

I dream, and I hope it's contagious.




who are these people? me | chip | cara mia | our very long timeline


1 comment:

  1. Tammy - I like the way you added the links at the bottom of your post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete