Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BLINDSIDED BY SORROW

Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 25º43.533N | 80º84.321W


One morning this week, Chip put on some Christmas music. I was sitting there one moment enjoying coffee and the season, the next I was weeping. Without notice, all the sorrow of last Christmas overtook me anew.

And today, I learned we have lost my sister-in-law, Fannie, at only 51 years old, diagnosed in October with brain cancer, and now taken so quickly. She leaves behind a beautiful legacy: four adult children, my nieces and nephews, a stepdaughter and 13 grandchildren. I grieve especially for them, to lose their mom and grandma so, so young.

I'm thankful to have seen her in September.

Fannie is second from the left.
We have so much to be thankful for in this life. Sometimes we forget that life is one of them. 

Though I treasure every moment of our cruising life, the cost is paid in being far away from those I love. Sometimes that is harder than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment