Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SIGHTS OF LEE STOCKING

Lee Stocking, Exumas 23º46.28N | 76º06.32W


Clouds reflected on the still water, sand showing underneath.
As we pass through island after island, I have come to realize that "favorite" is a relative term. Lee Stocking, for now, has sprung to the top of my list, and I'm guessing it might stay there for a while. The sheer magnitude of its vistas from Perry's Peak, the highest point in the Exumas, might be enough on its own, but the purity of the water, the powdery-white sand, the sweeping, coconut-laden palms, the red starfish, paradise.

Underwater shot of red starfish, the size of a dinner plate.

The path to Perry's Peak, highest point in the Exumas.
123 feet if I remember correctly.

Looking northeast from atop Perry's Peak. Is it just me or does this look like Hawaii?

Clouds reflect on perfectly still water looking south on Lee Stocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment