Sunday, April 17, 2011

BUY A NEW YORK TIMES TODAY ...

... to read why I haven't been blogging.

Natalia Molchanova preparing for one of several attempts at a world record,
a hurdle she finally cleared just yesterday.   Photo by Chip Sellarole
We stumbled upon Vertical Blue 2011, a freediving competition, while visiting Dean's Blue Hole in Long Island, Bahamas, and fell under the spell of this dramatic sport -- in an equally dramatic location. I'll write much more about it soon, as well as filling in the missing blogs, so keep scrolling down in the next few weeks.

My article about freediving is in the New York Times today, in the Sports section.

Let me know how the print edition looks. How funny that I'm in 'Long Island' yet the NYT is not sold here.

A deep water thanks to my old friend Jeffrey Marcus at the New York Times for being my guide rope and to my new friend DeeDee Flores for the spectacular underwater shot.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great article! No wonder your blogs are so fun to read and so well written - congratulations and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beverly! This was definitely an unexpected little side trip -- but a fun one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Tammy! What an amazing experience to add to your many to date. And Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Hannah! Good to hear from you. Tell the boys I said HI. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy--your blog is always one of our morning reads, thank you for sharing! Your pictures are fabulous and we love being along for the ride. Keep it up and have fun! Suzie, Joe and DaddyO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy- I've been obsessed with freediving since watching the movie, The Big Blue, 23 years ago! I loved the inside look your blog and the Times article gave- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kawasaki -- I knew almost nothing about freediving, but now I'm obsessed too.

    Good to hear from you. Thanks for reading! -- Tammy

    ReplyDelete