Saturday, May 4, 2013

CLASSIC YACHT: IN THE MOMENT




"I check my watch and the wind speed. I wonder if we'll keep this pace, and if the wind will keep a constant breath, if that cloud far off to the east is headed our way. 
Ming's words flutter like tell-tales in the breeze, and I am reminded of the things that matter and the ones that don't."
READ MORE...

"I'll get there when I get there."

It was a simple sentence we heard only six days after leaving our home dock, but their meaning has resonated for three years.

And I am still learning the lesson: how to patiently ride a soft wind, to release the false frenzy of land, and focus on the moment, not the destination.

For the backstory on this column:
The day we fell under Ming's spell: Get There When I Get There
The day we met Ming: The Raft-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment